Wine Country Safari , San Francisco, CA
Experience ID: 309
This Wine Country Safari will provide you with a full day, highly personalized, "Off-the-Beaten-Track" activity in the gorgeous vineyards north of San Francisco. What makes this adventure unique is that, in addition to visiting great wineries, you'll also discover other hidden gems of one of America's premier wine regions: The grandeur of The Valley of the Moon, gorgeous landscaped gardens, artisan chocolates, cheeses, olive oils, and a host of other visual and savory delights.
You'll visit an art gallery which features original paintings for wine labels, as well as a winery where you will learn the art of wine blending and produce your own blend.
Price is per person.
Duration: 10 hrs.
Safari price includes:
- Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop-off
- On-board breakfast with champagne, all wine tasting fees.
- Sample award-winning wines.
- Learn to blend wine and craft your own personal blend.
- Taste olive oil from a 150 year-old farm and 20-year-aged Balsamic and world-class, home-made chocolates.
- View art works, see the "esthetics of wine"... from original canvas to label.
- Delicious lunch in a delightful setting.
- Savor locally crafted cheese, from mild to "where's the water?"
• This activity will run regardless of weather conditions.
• Wear comfortable clothing to suit the weather the day of the event.
• Don't forget your camera.
Is this one of those "death-by-microphone" activity? Will I be bored to tears?
We certainly hope not! Singing, jokes, interaction, participation are the key elements of every safari. You're family and friends when you come aboard. The Tribal Concierges will even help with hotel reservations, restaurant recommendations, battery replacements, whatever you need.
How does weather affect the activity?
It doesn't, really. We go out rain or shine (or fog!). We have drop-down, see-through curtains for inclement weather. Blankets and safari helmets are provided. The open-sided game-viewing vehicles allow the most intimate contact with the landscape as well as ensure great photos. Dress in layers. Beware: The Summer months in SF are the coldest.