Safari Style City Adventure, New York, NY
Experience ID: 314
Join this unforgettable 5-hour "off-the-beaten-track" highly personalized experience of New York City. They research well in advance to discover events which are happening just that day. The improvisational style allows this safari to include things that just “pop-up” along the way; and guides will actually ask YOU, the guest, what you’d like to see and do.
You’ll be treated like family & friends on this small, flexible, interactive experience. Your adventure will combine a walking, fun and educational subway jaunts and even an expedition on the water. You will have the opportunity to view the well-known areas of New York City such as Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, and Trinity Church. In addition to Manhattan, your adventure will include an expedition into the wonders of Brooklyn, Queens, or The Bronx. You’ll discover many hidden and lovely areas in these New York boroughs not readily known to the visitor, not even the savvy NY native.
The New York Safari shows you the complete picture - the culture, the food, the architecture, the history, the art and the people of these fabulous neighborhoods.This experience is a highly impactful, memorable and personal experience.
Duration: 5 hrs.
- See Lady Liberty like never before, from angles which showcase her beauty.
- Highly knowledgeable and fun guides, who still have that "New Yawk edge".
- View an intimate collection of photos and artifacts from the World Trade Center at the Ground Zero Museum Workshop.
- Views abound… hop on a ferry and look back towards the City skyline.
- Travel like a local on the NY subway… safe and easy to use… you will be shown how.
- Savor multi-ethnic culinary opportunities.
- Get out of Manhattan and see more!
• This experience will run regardless of weather conditions.
• Wear comfortable clothing to suit the weather the day of the event.
• Don't forget your camera.
Is this one of those "death-by-microphone" activity? Will I be bored to tears?
They certainly hope not! Singing, jokes, interaction, participation are the key elements of every safari. No vouchers, no numbers. You're family and friends when you come aboard. The Tribal Concierges will even help with hotel reservations, restaurant recommendations, battery replacements, whatever you need. This is your adventure, let them help you enjoy it!
Can I get on and off at will?
They want to show you these lovely areas through the minds and hearts of professionally trained and certified guides. "Hop On, Stay On" is their belief. Plenty of time for walk-abouts, photo options, restroom breaks, and great food.
How does weather affect the activity?
It doesn't, really. They go out rain or shine (or fog!). They have drop-down, see-through curtains for inclement weather. Blankets and jackets are provided. The open-sided game-viewing vehicles allow the most intimate contact with the City, as well as ensure great photos. Dress in layers. Beware: The summer months in SF are the coldest.