Guitar Lessons , Miami, FL
Experience ID: 342
Learning to play the guitar is no different than learning to play other musical instruments. There is an introductory stage where the student will learn the peculiarities of how the instrument produces sound and the basics to make those sounds appealing to the ear. Students of every age and every level are welcomed. The student will learn the basics while playing real music, making the whole process more enjoyable. Basic information about music theory and how to read music notation and tablature (numbers) will be covered. Learn from an experienced, excellent guitarist who is just as qualified in teaching as he is in playing. He will convey his knowledge to you to enable you to progress at your own pace.
Choose to play guitar from a variety of styles: Classical, Flamenco, Brazilian, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Latin or polish your skills on Popular music. Harmony, music theory (chord construction and scales) plus composition techniques can also be learned. If writing songs and melodies is what you like or help adding chords or embellishing your own creations, this will be provided.
- Each lesson has a duration of 45 minutes.
- The suggested age to start taking guitar lessons is 6 or 7 years old. The reason behind this suggestion is because guitar playing requires the student to have some strength on the fingers. Children younger than 6 years of age sometimes don’t have the strength needed to press a string and get a clear sound.
- This is a private Guitar Lesson.
- Classes can be taught in the Miami studio or can also be done via Skype. If you wish to have your classes taught via Skype please inform us at the time of booking so it can be arranged.
- It’s recommend for the Classical, Flamenco or Brazilian music guitar student to have a nylon string guitar. Jazz, Blues, Rock and Pop music students can use an electric guitar, nylon or steel strings.
- Lessons can be taught in English or Spanish.
Do I need to have my own guitar?
You do need to have a guitar in order to practice and learn to play. For the beginner student or for the person interested in learning Classical, Flamenco or Brazilian music a nylon (classical) guitar is recommended to have. It is easier to learn on this type of guitar since the action on the strings is easy to handle. Jazz, Blues, Rock and Pop music students can use an electric guitar, with nylon or steel strings. In the beginning before you have a guitar you will be provided with one to use in the lesson.